Planning Begins for Neighborhood Parks South of Downtown and East of I-35W
Planning is underway to create new park plans for all the parks in the South Service Area (south of downtown and east of I-35W). The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) has scheduled the first three Community Advisory Committee (CAC) meetings for the South Service Area Master Plan.
- CAC #1: Monday, February 23, 6:00-8:00 PM, at Andersen United Community School, 1098 Andersen Lane, Minneapolis, 55407
- CAC #2: Thursday, March 26, 6:00-8:00 PM, at Central Gym, 3416 4th Avenue South, Minneapolis, 55408
- CAC #3: Thursday, April 30, 6:00-8:00 PM, at Longfellow Recreation Center, 3435 36th Avenue South, Minneapolis, 55406
All CAC meetings are open to the public and each meeting will have an opportunity for public comment. Please call (612) 230-6472 or email firstname.lastname@example.org at least two business days in advance of the meeting if you require reasonable modification or language translation.
The CAC is a group of community members appointed to guide the South Service Area Master Plan process. CAC members have been appointed by MPRB commissioners, Minneapolis city council members and neighborhood organizations. Visit the project webpage (www.minneapolisparks.org/currentprojects, then click on “South Service Area Master Plan”) for more information on the project and the CAC.
Besides attending a CAC meeting, the public may get involved and offer input in the following ways:
Sign up to receive e-mail updates by subscribing at www.minneapolisparks.org/subscribe or, if you are already a subscriber, by adding “South Service Area Master Plan” to your subscription preferences. E-mail updates are the best way to stay informed about meeting dates.
- Respond to the general input survey now available on-line via the project webpage.
- Attend other public meetings. Though they have not yet been scheduled, MPRB expects multiple community meetings throughout 2015. Sign-up for e-mail updates to stay informed. mailto:email@example.com
Adam Regn Arvidson, PLA, FASLA
Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board