The following press release has been issued by the MPRB:
PARK BOARD SELECTS OFFICERS, COMMITTEES, REPRESENTATIVES FOR 2012
The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) held its annual meeting Tuesday, Jan. 3, and elected its officers for 2012. Commissioners http://www.minneapolisparks.org/default.asp?PageID=36 elected John Erwin as President for the third consecutive year and Liz Wielinski was elected Vice President.
“I’m proud to continue the role of President, representing a Board that has made significant changes the last two years. Those changes include responsive leadership, a more efficient workforce, expanding our city’s tax base through riverfront development, and enhancing our parks and increasing greening while holding the line on property taxes,” said John Erwin, President of the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board.
At the meeting President Erwin also acknowledged Commissioner Young’s contributions last year as Vice President, stating that Young’s service has been instrumental to the progress the Board and the organization has made.
The Board also elected Karen Robinson to continue serving as Secretary to the Board and Brian Rice as General Counsel.
President Erwin appointed the following Commissioners to serve on Standing Committees of the Board (one-year terms):
• Administration and Finance Committee – Chair Scott Vreeland, Vice Chair Anita Tabb, Brad Bourn, Bob Fine, Liz Wielinski
• Recreation Committee – Chair Bob Fine, Vice Chair Brad Bourn, Carol Kummer, Liz Wielinski, Jon Olson
• Planning Committee – Chair Anita Tabb, Vice Chair Bob Fine, Annie Young, Scott Vreeland, Jon Olson
• Operations and Environment Committee – Chair Jon Olson, Vice Chair Annie Young, Carol Kummer, Scott Vreeland, Brad Bourn
• Legislation and Intergovernmental Committee – Chair Carol Kummer, Vice Chair Jon Olson, Anita Tabb, Liz Wielinski, Brad Bourn
• Standards and Conduct Committee – Chair Annie Young, Vice Chair Scott Vreeland, Liz Wielinski, Bob Fine, Carol Kummer
• Innovation and Development Committee – Chair Brad Bourn, Vice Chair Anita Tabb, Bob Fine, Annie Young, Scott Vreeland
Park Board Commissioners, ten citizens and Superintendent Miller were appointed to serve on the following external boards, commissions and panels:
• Planning Commission – Liz Wielinski
• Board of Estimate and Taxation – Bob Fine
• Neighborhood and Community Engagement Commission (citizen appointment) – Ali Warsame
• St. Anthony Falls Heritage Board – Scott Vreeland, Liz Wielinski, citizen appointee Stephanie Gruver, John Erwin, Superintendent Jayne Miller
• Youth Coordinating Board – Bob Fine
• Minneapolis Institute of Arts Board – Anita Tabb
• Middle Mississippi Watershed Management Organization – Scott Vreeland, alternate Annie Young
• John H. Stevens House Organization – Carol Kummer
• Minneapolis Parks Foundation – John Erwin, alternate Brad Bourn
• Minneapolis Tree Advisory Committee – Scott Vreeland, citizen appointees John Uban, Peggy Booth, Gay Noble, Jeanne LaBore, Don Willeke
• Minneapolis Riverfront Partnership – Liz Wielinski, Scott Vreeland, Bob Fine
• Minneapolis DID Greening Design & Infrastructure Committee – John Erwin
• City-MPRB Green Ribbon Committee – John Erwin, Anita Tabb
• Minneapolis Bicycle Advisory Committee – Citizen appointees Janice Gepner, Matthew Hendricks, Joshua Houdek
The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board typically meets at 5 p.m. every first and third Wednesday of each month for regular meetings. MPRB Board meetings are broadcast live from 5-9 p.m. on the Minneapolis Government Meeting Channel 79 on Comcast cable and online on the Channel 79 webpage.
Meeting agendas and related information are typically posted on http://www.minneapolisparks.org two business days prior to each meeting.