HEADS-UP FOR THE APRIL 20, 2011 PARK BOARD MEETING
5:00 P.M. REGULAR BOARD MEETING. The meeting will be held in the boardroom at Park Board headquarters, 2117 West River Road, just north of Broadway Pizza.
5:30 P.M. OPEN TIME. Speakers need to sign up before 3:00 p.m. the day of the meeting.
It looks like a long meeting. Here are some of the highlights:
• Plank Road Reconstruction
• Five year Coca-Cola agreement
• New policy on community involvement
• Denial of the exclusive use Pride permit for Loring Park
• Awarding of contract for design and reconstruction management services for Parade Road and Parking Lots
• Lake Harriet playgrounds
• Developing a Draft Policy on Sponsorship and Promotions
• Crown Hydro
The link to the complete agenda, with staff reports, for the MPRB Board of Commissioners’ meeting on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 is at www.minneapolisparks.org/default.asp?PageID=37&calid=735.
MPRB meetings are telecast live from 5-9 p.m. on the City of Minneapolis Government Meeting Channel 79 on Comcast cable and online at www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/webcasts.
The regular meetings are retelecast on Channel 79 at 1 p.m. Saturdays and 5 p.m. on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month. Webcasts for the recent two months are posted two to five business days after the meeting and are available for viewing under “Webcast Archives” at www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/webcasts.
The Park Board’s website is www.minneapolisparks.org. The phone number is 612-230-6400.
Arlene Fried, Co-founder of Park Watch